As most of you are aware that the circuit breaker in Singapore has been extended to 1st June 2020 to combat the deadly COVID-19 coronavirus. The government announced that they made changes to educational sector.
Math Lobby has collated news and updates from Ministry of Education (MOE) and Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) regarding this matter. These are the 4 educational news you need to know regarding the extended circuit breaker.
1. June Holidays will be brought forward. It will be from 5th May 2020 to 1st June 2020. School will resume on 2nd June 2020.
2. Term 3 will be longer but there will be a one week mid-term break from 20th July 2020 to 26th July 2020.
3. O level Mother Tongue papers are rescheduled. Refer to the image below for the exact dates.
(Source: MOE SEAB Joint Press Release)
4. Common last topics are removed from Primary School Leaving Examinations (PSLE), O Levels and A Levels. Some examples given by Ministry of Education (MOE) are:
- Primary Science- Interactions within the environment
- O Level Math- Vectors
- A Level H2 Chemistry- Introduction to the chemistry of transition elements
Math Lobby will continue to provide further updates on Singapore’s educational news regarding the extended circuit breaker. For more updates, do visit our website at www.mathlobby.com.